EAST-SIDE ANNOUNCE 2020 AGM
EDIT: DUE TO THE RECENT CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK OUR AGM HAS BEEN SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY. INFORMATION REGARDING REARRANGEMENT WILL FOLLOW IN DUE COURSE.
Seeking Consultant (8 Hours)
Eastside Community Heritage
Drama consultant, Project working in schools Freelance (8 hours) + time to read a named children’s fiction book, if necessary.
We are seeking a consultant to input and provide guidance on creating drama sessions in primary schools. These sessions are to enable students to explore, understand and develop empathy for those who have experienced having to escape war torn, life or liberty threatening environments. The drama activities will be based on adaptions from a named children’s book, and will inform discussions and student produced, social marketing films.
The work will include inputting and advising on plans, and attending online, consultative meetings, including with partner organisations.
The eight hours of work will be spread across several months between September 2020 and November 2020.
· Experience of working in primary schools as a drama teacher or running drama based, educational activities in primary schools
· Experience of designing drama activities to explore the experiences of characters depicted in a children’s fiction book
· Experience of using storytelling to share and enable awareness and understanding
· Knowledge and understanding of refugee issues
· Knowledge and understanding of how the media influences perceptions and understanding
· Knowledge and understanding the impact of social exclusion
· Knowledge and understanding of issues contributing to feelings of hatred and intolerance
· Knowledge and understanding of issues for children dealing with standing up to bullying, hatred and intolerance.
· Ability and willingness to read a named children’s fiction book in preparation for the consultation sessions
Fee £600 (inclusive of expenses)
To apply please send a C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com by the 18th September 2020
Telephone: 0208 5533 116 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastside Community Heritage, Parish Centre, 326 High Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1QP
Registered charity (1071668) and company limited by guarantee (3509623)