Eastside Community Heritage was established in 1993 as part of the Stratford City Challenge community history project and became an independent charity in 1997. In 1999 Eastside Community Heritage established the Hidden Histories archive formerly known as the East London People’s Archive which now holds over 4,000 oral histories, thousands of photographs and video material all preserved and archived for public benefit. Eastside Community Heritage is also an accredited cultural heritage training centre, specialising in Oral History – QCF Level 1, 2 and 3.
Eastside Community Heritage is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
Charity number: 1071668
Company number: 3509623
Registered office and operational address:
Eastside Community Heritage,
326 High Road,
MISSION STATEMENT AND ANNUAL REPORT
Eastside Community Heritage's mission statement recognises seven key aims:
• Build, service and enable partnerships to record, document and preserve the experiences of different communities.
• Inform people through the provision of social, cultural, educational and historical activities.
• Empower individuals and communities to write, rewrite, record, publish and present their own histories and those of their local areas.
• Promote civic pride through active participation and involvement in community affairs.
• Promote greater harmony and understanding of interracial and inter generational experiences through historical explorations.
• Celebrate the cultures and heritage of East London’s diverse communities.
• Provide independent historical, social research and evaluation.
Eastside Community Heritage's annual report demonstrates how this key aims are met in our project work. To download a copy of our most recent annual report, please click below.
Telephone: 0208 5533 116 Email: email@example.com
Eastside Community Heritage, Parish Centre, 326 High Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1QP
Registered charity (1071668) and company limited by guarantee (3509623)